Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Church Pew

Here is my new piece of furniture.  I love it! DD loves it as well, she just cruises back and forth on it all day.  


Thanks to my parents for keeping it in their Morton Building for most of the two years.  Dad got sick of it taking up room and dropped it off about a month ago.  Because it was sitting in my garage taking up space, I was motivated to get it done. Here it is half striped.  I did this at parents, and then it sat there for about a year.   I was pregnant and was told I couldn't use the 'stripper' because of the fumes.  

DS helped me pick out the color, which it reminiscent of 'country blue' but is called Teal Feathers. Here it is fully striped.  You can tell that I got a little lacks the second time around.  Partly because I realised that it was made with two different woods.  One for the back and a stronger one for the seat so I wouldn't be able to stain it. I would have to paint it all one color.

And some more finished photos...


No comments:

Post a Comment