Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Play Room Wall



I hated the look of the walls in the play room that was next to the living room and dining room.  I didn't want to hang something that was too childish, but also wanted something that I could change.  I don't remember where I got the idea, but after enlisting the help of my Rummage-Saler mother, I was able to create this.  She found me several embroidery hoops in different sizes.  I bought a Fat Quarter pre-cut quilt square pack on sale at Jo-Anne's.  That way I didn't fret about the fabric, I just had to use what I was given and knew they would all look good together.  I then cut to fit.  When hanging them I started with the biggest one first and worked around it.  I change them every once and a while, mainly because a stray nerf sword or other flying objects knocks one off the wall!  I had every intention of changing the fabric with the seasons, but 3 years later, that has yet to happen.  Cheap and beautiful way to cover a wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment